New Hampshire

Each general construction contractor will not be required to hold a hold a license from New Hampshire. The only types of contractors who will need to hold a license are plumbing, electrical, and asbestos abatement contractors. It’s important to check with your county, city, and local government for further regulations.

Only certain types of specialty contractors are licensed: asbestos and lead abatement contractors, electrical contractors and plumbing contractors.

How to Obtain a New Hampshire Asbestos Abatement License

Check out this link:

Experience, Exam, or Education Requirements: Are There Any for a License Within New Hampshire?

No, there is not for a general contractor, but it is best to check with your county and local regulations. You have an obligation to pass an exam or have experience to receive licensure for plumbing, electrician, and asbestos abatement.

Contractor Continued Education: Does New Hampshire Require This?

No, not for general contractors.

NASCLA Commercial Contractor: Is This Accredited License Accepted Within New Hampshire?

No, it is not.

General Contractor, Commercial Contractor: Is This a Requirement With New Hampshire?

No, but it is still crucial to check with your city and county regulations. In order to place a bid on New Hampshire Department of Transportation projects, there is a requirement to have pre-qualification from Department of Transportation. To obtain an application, you can contact the following:

Department of Transportation

Reciprocity with other states?

Out-of-state corporations will need tobe licensed by Secretary of State:

Secretary of State

Question: How do I register my construction company in New Hampshire? 

 Register your New Hampshire Business With:

New Hampshire Secretary of State
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301-4989


(603) 271-3246


What forms do I need to register my new company in New Hampshire?

Register your Business in New Hampshire                 

Forms   Tax Forms  


Question: How do I look up a company in New Hampshire or see if a company name is available to register?  

Answer: Use this link to see if your company name is available in New Hampshire Entity Search